Hello, This is one of a series of post where I want to help you to improve your experience with SharePoint Online. This article,I’ll explane how you can ask to SPO to inform you whene anyone makes change to your documents.
We have SharePoint site, and a document library called “Docs” where we collaborate with our collegues (PS: Do you know Co authoring? See this link)
Basically We don’t want go every day on our document library to check if our collegues has make change on documents…So how can SharePoint help us?
Simple ,As I usually try to explain…:-) One way is configure an Alert on Document Library (Or Lists). Go to your DL, and looking for “Alert Me” on Ribbon:
Next Page page ask us a series of parameters to configure Alert. In Order:
- Title: Title of the Alert (also included in subject mail).
- Send Alert To: People to receives alert.
- Delivery method: Choose if you want receive mail or SMS.ù
- Change type: Very important. The changes typology that trigger the alert. For Example Item modified, or Deleted.
- Send Alerts for These Changes: Useful to restrict alert, for example you can get alert only for document created by you.
- When to Send Alerts: How frequently you want to be alerted? My suggestion , generally, is Daily recap to limits numers of mails.
This is really simple way. Another option is create a Power Automate flow with appropriate trigger. I hope this is usefull for you.
Contact me for questions! Have a nice day!